Sunday, July 27, 2014


Oh that we would truly know...
I began my quiet time today meditating on Deuteronomy 6:4-5.  The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.  Love God with all our hearts, all our minds, and all our strength.  Love him with all that we are, all that we have, and all that we do.  He is our all and all.  As I sat in prayer and contemplation I was drawn to this prayer in Ephesians.
How can we begin to comprehend?  How can we know something beyond knowledge?  God’s love for us is beyond our comprehension and the love of Christ is beyond our knowledge so how do we get it; how can we grasp it?  Why try if it seems impossible?
The times I allow the love of God and Christ to pour into me, to seep into me, and to fill me are priceless.  They are beyond words on a page and something I long for always.  I join Paul in his prayer for us today.  I pray that we would know and comprehend beyond knowing and comprehension.  I pray we would be filled with all the fullness of God.

Lord,

If only I would remain filled by you...  I allow the world to deplete the vastness of your love and I am left wanting again.  I stop loving you with all and lose comprehension and knowledge of your vast love.  Let the rains of your love pour freely keeping us all filled to the brim with you.  To your glory and in Christ’s name I pray.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment