Friday, May 31, 2013

Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”

I think my calendar threatened to take over me again yesterday.  As I looked through it and made note of the things I have coming up my heart got heavier and more anxious by the moment.  The frustration part of that is most of the things on my calendar are fun.  Camping with my dad and kids next week, vacation bible school at the end of June, trip to Tennessee with one of my best friends and our kids; all those things are things I am looking forward to.  I tend to get caught up in the planning phase and trying to make sure I don’t forget anything.  I want to make sure there is down time for me and the family so we can just sit at home and play too.  It seems wrong that I rejoice at the blank space on my calendar for today.  This verse reminds me to review my calendar through the eyes of Christ.  If the things on my calendar can be used to serve and honor him or to celebrate the blessings he has given me, it will be fine.  He has never failed to support me in my endeavors that bless him and I know he will never fail me going forward either.  I take a deep breath and go forward into my day knowing he will guide and strengthen me for whatever he has in store.

Lord,
Thank you for reminding me that I am not on this journey alone.  I am not in charge.  Lift the burden of worry from my shoulders and help me dance in the day to celebrate your strength and support.  This is your day, I rejoice in it!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment