Wednesday, May 22, 2013


Proverbs 16:18 “Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.”

Last night was the annual talent show for the homeschooling group I belong to.  There were acts up on stage and works of art and other projects on display as well.  My daughter chose to hand out programs but as the evening went on she asked me if she could change her mind.  She wanted to perform.  I can’t help but wonder at her motivation.  I had to explain that the docket was full; she would have to wait until next year.  As I thought back on all of the talent I saw last night I realized how easily we fall into the sin of pride.  There were really good musicians, dancers and artists showing their talents.  There was good stage presence shown by some.  Only God knows their hearts and motives, I did not see anyone gloating over their performances.  I know how hard I work to prepare for my performances but when the time comes I need to turn it all over to God.  He is the one who inspires me to share music with others.  I need to remember to give Him the glory and honor in all I do.  When I feel pride sneaking in, and it does, I recall this verse.

Lord,
Thank you for the many gifts you have given your people.  Your word says you have given each of us gifts to use for your kingdom and your purposes.  Help us strengthen the gifts you call us to use, whatever they are, and keep our hearts true in remembering to give you the glory in everything we do.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment