Saturday, May 25, 2013

Psalm 139:14 “I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are your works; that I know very well.”

Today my family will gather together to celebrate birthdays.  My son will be four years old this week and whether I like it or not I have another birthday this week too.  I love the fact that my family has always celebrated these little milestones together.  Some people I know raise their eyebrows at how often we get together but I treasure those times.  As I think back four years and the moment I held that tiny little boy in my arms the blessings of his life in mine comes to me anew.  I think of his little hands and feet, his stark blue eyes filled with wonder and the generous soul that is contained by this precious body.  God knit all of this together; each cell, each hair and the very essence of his being.  Then He blessed me and my family by placing this sweet child in our presence.  I struggle more with reveling in the wonderful work that I am so I will start with my children.  God knit each and every one of us together physically, mentally and spiritually.  He placed us where He knew we needed to be and I praise Him today for that.  You are one of his wonderful works!

Lord,
Tears fill my eyes when I think of the blessings my children have brought to my life, how can I thank you?  Help me see the wonderful creation they are becoming and help me see the wonderful creation I am becoming all through your loving and gracious hand.  I celebrate your wonderful works on this day! Thank you Lord!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment