Saturday, May 4, 2013


Revelation 21:4 “he will wipe every tear from their eyes.  Death will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more, for the first things have passed away.”

I am missing my Mom today.  Over the last week a few things have jogged memories of her and I just miss her.  Last week in Sunday school the kids and I were talking about this passage.  We talked about scrapes and bruises but we also talked about disease and death.  As we come closer to Mother’s Day and the celebration of having Moms and being Moms the knowledge that my Mom is not around seeps in.  I look so forward to the day when there is no more war, no more sadness or anger.  The day when the lion lays down by the lamb and spears are broken down into plowshares will be a glorious day indeed.  In the meantime, I am blessed to have people in my life that will wipe my tears and bring love and joy in the midst of mourning and crying.  These are the glimpses we have of the new Heaven and the new Earth.  I rejoice in these gifts of Love from God.

Lord,
You know I relish the day when you come again and your new Heaven and Earth are fully and completely established.  I can taste it now but can hardly wait until you come.  Thank you for my Mom.  Thank you for the blessings she brought to me and thank you for the people that help fill that void and bring blessings straight from you.   Use me in your kingdom today so that I may be a vessel of your blessings and healing to others.  Thank you for wiping our tears.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment