Monday, May 13, 2013


Hosea 6:1 “Come, let us return to the Lord; for it is he who has torn, and he will heal us; he has struck down, and he will bind us up.”

I really don’t like to put my kids in “time-out” but there are times that it must be done.  They push the boundaries, make bad choices and disobey so there must be some kind of discipline invoked before they get completely out of control.  I am sure, based on their reactions, that they feel like I have torn or destroyed them when they are sitting on that stair or in their rooms.  It is only a short time and then we talk about it, hug and move forward in a new way.  This verse reminded me of this scenario so much.  How often do we turn our backs on the ways the Lord has taught us, defying his word and guidance, disobeying his commands?  Before we get completely out of control, he “tears” us down and disciplines us.  He tries to get us to turn around and focus on him and his path again.  When he has disciplined or torn, he will heal.  When he takes us down a peg or two he will pick us up again.  I search my heart today to find how I am disobedient to the Lord so I can turn around before I get out of control. 

Lord,
Thank you for never quitting on us.  Just as a parent with their child, you continue to guide, reprimand and correct.  You continue to love, heal and pick us up to start again.  Thank you for your words in Hosea to call us into action before you must act on our behalf.  Help us stay true to you in this world of deceit and distraction.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment