Thursday, May 23, 2013


John 6:26 “Jesus answered them, ‘Very truly, I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate your fill of the loaves.’”

What do you desire?  What do you seek and work for?  This crowd that Jesus was talking to had just received bread and fish from him the day before.  When they woke from their camp out and realized the disciples and Jesus had moved on they crossed in boats to search him out in Capernaum.  When they find him this verse is his response to them.  They came to have their bellies filled again and nothing more.  How often do we come to the Lord for immediate gratification?  How often do I ask him for something that is of little or no real value in the eternal world?  Do I come to him for my own benefit and my own purpose or do I come to seek his knowledge and wisdom, his healing and guidance regardless of where it leads me?  I can picture myself in the crowd without a problem and so I know I would easily fit in to the group asking for instant gratification.  He promises to provide for us better that he does for the lilies in the field.  Why do we ask for those daily needs?  As I go out into the beautiful spring day, I search my heart for motive.

Lord,
Thank you for your word.  Protect my heart and soul from selfishness.  Open my eyes and my heart to the true value of spiritual growth, trusting that you will continue to give me exactly what I need in the moment I need it.  Thank you Lord.  I pray I will bless your kingdom today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment