Tuesday, May 14, 2013


1 Corinthians 13:12 “For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face.  Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.”

Mirrors must have been a fraction of what they are today based on Paul’s description.  I know when I look in my bathroom mirror I can see every gray hair and every wrinkle or line in my face.  What came to my mind when I pondered this verse were transition sunglasses.  You know the ones that are clear when you are inside and turn dark when you go out in the sun?  I think Paul might use that analogy...  for now we see through dark sunglasses in a dark room but then we will see face to face.  Now I know through a blinding fog, then I will know fully...  We are set for another sunny and hot spring day in Colorado.  I can clearly see the sun already over the horizon as I write.  We deceive ourselves if we think this verse is really about our eyes.  We must see with our souls.  Clear the fog; take the shades off of the eyes of your soul so you can see more clearly the face of the Lord.  As we continue to seek with our soul’s eyes, we will begin to see more clearly.  What a blessing that is!

Lord,
Thank you for this verse and thank you for cleansing our soul’s eyes to help us see better.  Keep our focus on you so we can learn to trust even more that we will see clearly.  You promise us if we seek we will find.  Bless us with a clear vision of your kingdom in our world today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment