Wednesday, May 1, 2013


Jude 1:21 “keep yourselves in the love of God; look forward to the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.”

I woke up with the phrase “can you feel the love tonight” going through my head over and over.  There is a bit of a disclaimer here since yesterday evening was rehearsal with my handbell ensemble and we are playing songs from Broadway musicals including this one.  I tried to get it out of my head but then I realized that I could listen to that phrase and use it to lure me closer to God’s presence.  I feel like I write about love all the time but when I think about the message in the bible, I guess there is a reason for that.  This passage in Jude calls us build our faith, pray in the Holy Spirit and stay in the love of God looking for the mercy of the Lord.  Not only does He wants us to stay in His love, He wants us to be agents of His love so that everyone can experience it and join us in looking forward to the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ.  On this first day of May, whether the sun is shining bright and glorious or snow is falling, bringing moisture to the earth we can feel His Divine Love showering down into our very souls.  Keep that feeling of Love and go out into the world being a light in the darkness, bringing warmth to the cold and bringing love to the love starved soul.

Lord,
Thank you for filling up of my reserves of love.  Open my heart and soul to share this love you give to me with others so that all may find your mercy and eternal life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment