Tuesday, May 21, 2013


Colossians 3:1-2 “So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth”

For some reason today has started off with my mind running a mile a minute.  When I was going to sleep last night my thoughts were of Kyle turning four next week and my birthday two days later (which I would be fine to skip).  This morning I was thinking of all the things I need to do and the things I forgot to do yesterday and the things that could be done that are not even on my list and... You get the idea.  Needless to say my quiet time was not very quiet today.  When I get like this I have learned that I need to take deep breaths.  I breathe deeply three times to center myself again and it forces me to slow down a little bit.  In that moment I can set my mind on things that are above and release the tension that surrounds my list of to-dos.    Christ tells us not to worry about tomorrow.  Focus on Him and things that are above,   my to-do list will happen in its time.

Lord,
You know my task driven personality, you created it.  Please pry open my heart and hands to release that list from my grasp.  Only then can I grab your hand and let you lead me along the way.  When I let you guide me things go much better so keep my eyes focused on you and let me breathe your love and peace deeply into my soul today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment