Sunday, May 5, 2013


Acts 5:20-21 “’Go, stand in the temple and tell the people the whole message about this life.’  When they heard this, they entered the temple at daybreak and went on with their teaching.”

This story of the disciples, now apostles is hard for me to imagine.  They are preaching, telling the story and message of Jesus to everyone that will listen.  They bring healing to so many people and the church leaders are worried and jealous.  They get thrown in jail, an angel of the Lord breaks them out in the middle of the night and tells them to go out and spread their message.  I know nothing of real persecution for anything I do or say.  In the news this week, there is a Rear Admiral in the Armed Forces of our nation who is stepping forward in faith.  There has been a push to stop military personnel from sharing their faith in the last few weeks and this man is refusing.  I pray for this military man of God, he is a soldier for our country and he is a soldier for God.  As I write my devotions and seek to increase the depth of my faith walk, I wonder what will come of it.  He will give me the strength to withstand whatever comes.

Lord,
Please protect our military and give them voices to honor you in the midst of this push to quiet them.  Protect us as we seek to further your kingdom in a world that does not seem to want it.  Encourage us to trust in you and share your message wherever you call us to.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment