Thursday, May 2, 2013


James 2:8 “You do well if you really fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ But if you show partiality, you commit sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors.”

Who of us does not show partiality?  We all have people we do not understand and really do not wish to understand.  We all have people that repel us that we have no desire to know and in fact, turn away from knowing for whatever reason.  When I read these verses another pops into my mind right away.  Paul writes that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.  Here James tells us the same thing in a different way.  Yesterday was our last day of co-op classes for the school year and in preschool the bible story I shared was when Jesus charged his disciples to go out and spread the good news.  I had the preschoolers give each other hugs and tell each other “Jesus loves you”.  It was so cute to watch and participate in.  The shy ones took a moment to participate but in a moment all of them were doing it.  Today I want to share a hug with you and remind you that God loves you.  Feel His embrace around you and let it lift your heart so you can go out and love your neighbor today.

Lord,
Your love never ends and you wait to pour it out into anyone who will receive it.  As you fill me, your vessel, pour your love out of me as you will to whomever you will.  My neighbor is not for me to choose.  Let me see others as you see them so that I can share your love without reservation.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment