Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Numbers 6:24-26 “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.”

My heart is with friends today.  I have a friend taking her daughter in for a medical test, I have a friend preparing for back surgery tomorrow and I have a friend that is moving away.  I was outside my home with my daughter yesterday and I noticed a young girl down the street that I had not seen before.  When I mentioned it to Rachel, she went and introduced herself and made a new friend.  A couple of weeks ago she made a new friend that has just moved in at the top of the street.  She makes friends so easily!  I, on the other hand, have to talk myself into going and meeting the new neighbors.  It takes me time to warm up to new people and when I do, I don’t like to say goodbye.  This benediction in Numbers has been going in my head all night.  I know my friend who is moving does so with a divided heart.  This day, I simply write to share this blessing with each of you.  I send it to you with love and hope that you will feel it pouring out over and into to you this morning.

Lord,
I love you.  Thank you for the blessings you have given me in this life and that you have planned for me on this day.  Thank you for the blessing of friendship.   As the friends you have brought into my life have blessed me deeply, I ask that you guide me to be a blessing to my longtime friends and new friends as well.  All honor and glory are yours.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment