Monday, May 6, 2013


1 Corinthians 12:4-6 “Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone.”

I am glad to say I do not have the same gifts and services as the governor of my state.  I am glad I do not have the same gifts and services that a TV or movie star has.  It is interesting how I look at others and sometimes I really cannot fathom how they could do what they do, or why they even want to.  The orchestration of the world and all that is in it is mind boggling if I stop to think about it.  Each person created for a specific time and a specific space, placed just so by the creator of all things.  Just as in a symphony orchestra there are a few stray notes and things don’t always go perfectly, so it is with life on earth.  The Maestro knows what gifts we have and what services we are created for.  He will help us find the instrument that fits us best and then beautiful music will begin to happen.  No matter who we are, where we live and what we do, the same God who created me created you.  God of all placed the desires to serve and the gifts to serve with in your soul and mine.  Listen to the music as we all practice our parts today.

Lord,
Thank you for music in my soul.  Help me see and appreciate all the gifts you give others that work in conjunction with mine to make music in your world.  I pray that we will make beautiful music for you today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment