Friday, May 17, 2013


Psalm 117:2 “For great is his steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.  Praise the Lord!”

This morning when I woke up I was already singing praises.  That does not happen every day but when it does I take joy in that moment.  I spent my prayer time trying to praise and thank the Lord for the people and their situations instead of petitioning for them.  I thanked the Lord for medical care, for support systems, for friends and for faith.  I praised the Lord for the freedom of religion, freedom to homeschool and freedom to seek knowledge.  I praised the Lord for the founding fathers and the vision they had for this country.  I thanked him for downtime and inspiration, energy and rest.  It was hard not to ask the Lord for anything but to turn each request in to a prayer of thanks and praise.  This verse called me to do that today.  His steadfast love is great toward us and He is always faithful; forever and ever.  Praise the Lord!

Lord,

I am filled with praise and joy for the love and grace you give me every moment, every day for eternity.  I have seen your hand working in my life and in the lives of others.  The evidence is clear; you are truly faithful and loving.  Thank you for filling me with those blessings and allowing me to be a servant of yours, spreading joy, praise and love to the world around me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment