Saturday, May 18, 2013


Psalm 147:3 “He heals the brokenhearted, and binds up their wounds.”

I am encouraged and relieved by the message in this verse and in this passage of Psalms.  I was feeling discouraged by the lack of trust or faith I must have in the Lord when I came to this scripture.  I know God has given many people the gift of healing; physicians and nurses, psychologists and pastors to name a few.  There are many tools we have today that assist us in physical and mental healing and I praise the Lord for those people and those tools.  For myself, I know that my biggest malady is not physical, it is spiritual.  I seek the Lord to fill me up as I have written about so many times and yet it is all too easy for me to seek human fulfillment for a spiritual hunger.  I can spend time with my family and friends and I am blessed by the love I receive from them.  I can get hugs and kisses from my kids which are a treasure to me.  All of these people are gifts from God that ease my heart most of the time.  There is an emptiness that cannot be filled by humans.  I need Him.  Only He can bring wholeness to spiritual brokenness, only He can bring the balm of Gilead.  This verse promises just that.  He heals our brokenness...

Lord,
I thank you for the healing you have brought to my heart and to the hearts of so many.  I thank you for the gift of our Savior, Jesus Christ and the Spirit you sent to guide our every step.  Call our hearts into your presence so that we may receive your healing touch today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment