Saturday, June 1, 2013

Ecclesiastes 3:6 “a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to throw away;”

If you haven’t done your spring cleaning yet (yea, me either!) spring has just about finished and summer is just around the corner!   For the last few days constructions crews have been in my neighborhood replacing sidewalk.  They came and surveyed (a time to seek) and then the cement saw cut nice clean break lines in the cement to be replaced.  As my kids and I have watched the men and their big machines work, I thought they would be kind of rough and not so precise.  I am amazed at how a jackhammer can pound into cement and yet the result is a clean edge.  The new cement is poured by a huge mixer truck and then the next thing I know there is smooth precise sidewalk hardening where the broken sidewalk used to be.  As I search my soul, finding or losing; keeping or throwing away, I will remember this construction crew.  The paving crew that is coming soon will be another reminder to me: spiritual growth may seem rough at times, but it is precise and careful work of the Spirit.  Before we know it the old is replaced something new and beautiful.

Lord,

You speak to us in so many different ways.  Help us listen and hear you however we can.  Thank you for each new day.  Each one is a new day to praise and worship you.  Lift our hearts and our eyes so we can stay focused on you, our God.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment