Saturday, December 1, 2012


2 Timothy 3:7 “who are always being instructed and can never arrive at a knowledge of the truth.”

I remember sitting in many a math class feeling just this way.  I cannot tell you how many years I struggled through math managing to pass the class but never feeling like I gained any knowledge or understanding of it.  To this day I do not believe I can do geometry or algebra beyond a remedial level.  How can this be?  I studied it, I was instructed in it over and over yet I never really got it.  My spiritual journey was similar to this for many years.  I went to church and Sunday school growing up.  I read my bible verses and grew up in a Christian home but the truth never really sunk in.  I learned and studied but did not really gain knowledge in the truth; I was blind.  It is only by the true grace of God that He keeps trying and never stops calling to his sheep and it is by His grace that I finally heard his voice, allowed him to lead me and began gaining knowledge in the truth.  When I look back at the path my journey has taken, the grace that covers it is overwhelming to me.  I cannot grasp the depth of it but I know it is real.  This much I know and understand.

Lord,
Thank you for opening my eyes and helping me to finally see in truth.  We all walk around blind, thinking we can see only to find we are deceived and blindly stumbling in darkness.  Through your divine grace, help us see and allow us to learn and live in you.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment