Tuesday, December 25, 2012


1 Corinthians 13:13 “And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.”

This morning I sit in humble gratitude for the abundance of blessings I have in my life.  I am surrounded by a circle of family and friends that astound me.  I am surrounded by joy, peace, support and love.  I have the freedom to grow and challenge and question.  I have a warm home and I lack for nothing.  All these things are visible and tangible to me because of love.  Without love how would I view my family and friends?  What difference would my freedom make if I have no love?  This Divine Love that came to a manger in Bethlehem so many years ago changed our world forever.  Love came to dwell among us, to live with us and to draw us into a gentle embrace that never ends.  There are struggles and hardships in many homes and places today.  My heart lifts the love of God to those places, those homes and those hearts.  I simply hope in the love of God.  I have faith that He will spread his love throughout every land, every time and every space.  I hear his call to me and to others to know his love.   We are the bearers of this torch.  We, who hold his love in our hearts, are called to share his love.  Empty the anger, sadness, envy, selfishness from your heart and allow those spaces to be filled with Divine Love.  On this day of gifts, receive the greatest gift and then share it with others so we may all abide in Love.

Lord,
Without love I know I am nothing.  Without love I cannot do anything.  Remove the seeds of apathy and mistrust.  Weed out selfishness and discontent so that I have more room for your love.  Help me be a torch bearer of love shining your light and life, your love for all to see.  Amen.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment