Thursday, December 13, 2012


Matthew 5:8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.” 

I began my quiet time this morning asking for cleansing.  I need cleansing in my body to rid it of the toxins, I asked for cleansing of my mind and my soul of all the things that are darkness, even those I have forgotten about or do not recognize.  I know this prayer is likely to stir up dirt and muck but I want to be rid of it.  When I came to the time where I seek His word I was led to this verse.  At first I thought I must have heard wrong.  I had a different passage in mind when I was led to this text.  As I sat in meditation again it didn't take long to see how this verse tied in with my prayer.  It is moments like this one, where the presence and guidance of God are glaringly apparent to me that I can claim without hesitation, God is Emmanuel.  He came to us as a babe so that we could learn the true nature of the Almighty and he has never left since.  I know I see glimpses of him just like I did this morning in my quiet time.  When I look back at my path over the last few years, His presence and guidance are obvious.  The impurities in me will not cease to exist in this lifetime so I know I will not see God in all truth and glory yet.  I will continue to seek purity and to seek God in the meantime.  Will you join me?

 Lord,
I thank you with all that I am and all that I have been given.  To realize once again that you are Emmanuel is humbling indeed.  You come seeking us.  You come to redeem and rescue us.  I am humbled.  I am yours.  I offer my days, my nights, and my life to you.  Help me see you more clearly each day until the day I stand at your throne in glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment