Sunday, December 9, 2012


Isaiah 58:11 “The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your needs in parched places, and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters never fail.”

There is a lot of talk about water right now.  Where I live we saw snow on November 10th and then not again until the trace amount last night, in mid-December.  People are talking once more about a drought.  We see the lack of water in our part of the world but do we see the lack of living water in our souls?  We get so busy looking outward; do we take the time to look inward as well?  Our souls cry out for the living water to quench our thirst so much more than our grass and trees cry out for their water.  As I sit on this bitter cold morning reading this verse it is like a breath of spring to my heart.  It brings hope to my soul.  It soothes me, bringing God’s love and peace to me once again.  He has never failed me and I know without doubt that He will continue to guide me and satisfy my needs.  His word and His guidance make me strong in faith; in my bones.  It is through all this that I am refreshed like a watered garden.  I can almost hear the rushing of the waters; His living water flowing through me in a never ending spring.  In the midst of this cold and wintery day, I have spring, Oh, joy and praise to my God!

Lord,
Thank you for the incredible blessings that you have given me today.  Help me bring your refreshing, living water to others so that they may also receive the renewing spring of your living water in them.  In the midst of drought, you bring abundance.  You give us everything we could ever need.  Lord God, you are so gracious!  Thank you!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment