Saturday, December 15, 2012


Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.”

Violence and tragedy hit us and we are wounded.  Acts of war against innocent people happen and we cannot understand it.  When horror becomes real to us, how do we move past it?  I can barely allow myself to even think about it lest it overwhelm me completely.  I came to God this morning with verse seven already on my heart.  There, in verse six, it tells us how we begin to move forward.  Whatever we feel, wherever we are emotionally and spiritually He calls us to bring our requests to him in thanksgiving.  I can bring my anger and hurt, my lack of understanding to him.  I can even bring it to Him in thanksgiving because I am truly thankful that He will receive what I have.  He already knows our hearts and when we bring all that to Him we can begin to receive His peace that surpasses all understanding.  This peace guards our hearts and our minds in Christ, according to His word.  As I attempt to grapple with my emotions, I long for His peace to heal.  I urge you to bring it all to the Lord.  Thank Him for receiving it and give it all to Him.  When we receive his peace, we are able to share it with others and we can begin to spread peace instead of strife.  “Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me...”

Lord,
Thank you for listening to us, whatever we have to say.  Heal the broken hearts that weep in mourning this day.  Let your peace and love prevail in us and in the world.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment