Wednesday, December 19, 2012


John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy.  I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”

In this country we know abundance.  I have heard stories of the amazement people from foreign countries experience when they see an American grocery store for the first time.  We have department stores, home improvement stores and specialty stores.  We have restaurants of every type on just about every corner.  The lists go on and on.  Oh, we do know abundance... or do we?  Does the thief use all these things to distract us from true abundance; from real life? The King of kings and Lord of lords came to us wrapped in swaddling cloth, lying in a food trough.  He was raised by a carpenter and his wife in a small village.  In his ministry he called his followers to leave everything behind and follow him.  Leave the possessions and things, bring what you have on your back and follow... yet he came to bring us an abundant life?  I know it is true for me and many others as well that things, possessions can distract me from the true life.  TV programs and the newest DVD are calling out to be watched.  Connecting with friends and others on social networks can pull us away from our family and real life journey.  Let’s take some time to look around us and within us and see if we live a truly abundant life or if we are trying to complete ourselves with stuff.  Do not let the thief come to steal, kill or destroy your life.  Come to the Lord and allow him to free you and give you abundance beyond imagination.

Lord,
Thank you.  You are all I need and really, you give me so much more than I could imagine.  Help me see in truth and love so that I am not deceived to death.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment