Saturday, December 29, 2012


Psalm 37::40 “The Lord helps them and rescues them; he rescues them from the wicked, and saves them, because they take refuge in him.”

Life is filled with choices.  As I raise my children I try to narrow the choices for them without taking choices away completely because they need to learn how to make wise choices.  I hear myself reminding them occasionally “make wise choices” when they are about to make a choice that is not so wise.  The parallel of my relationship as a parent to my children and God as a parent to me as his child is not lost on me.  As I look back on my life it is crystal clear to me how many times God stepped in and rescued me from mayhem when I finally called on him.  The excitement of stepping out of bounds as a youth, of bending the rules a bit always led to trouble I did not foresee.  Inevitably, after a bad choice, I ended up broken and battered, seeking refuge in my heavenly parent.  God is faithful to those who seek him.  What I am just beginning to realize is that He is faithful to us in whatever moments we seek him, knowing we will stray again.  I cannot imagine the freedom I will rejoice in when I shed this earthly body and begin to shine in true and holy righteousness when I am joined with the Almighty.  Until then, I take refuge in him, and he continues to rescue me and save me from myself.

Lord,
It seems the battle of the wills never ends.  Please forgive me.  I cannot promise to never to it again, I know that would be a lie.  I do promise to seek you, to abide in you and to pray without ceasing as much as I possibly can with your help.  Each day is one day closer to glory beyond words.  Until then, help me be the person you created me to be.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment