Friday, December 28, 2012


Luke 24:49 “And see, I am sending upon you what my Father promised; so stay here in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

Scripture tells us the Holy Spirit is our guide and our comforter. This is the power from on high that Jesus instructed his disciples to wait for.  This Spirit calls us into action for the Lord and warns us to stay true to the straight and true path of God.   As we close out another year and get really to start a new one it is common to review our past and set goals for the future.  I don’t know what God has in store for me but I ponder it.  The path He has led me on is nothing I would have ever guessed and so I am in a time of waiting, just as these disciples were instructed to wait.  How often have I made plans that are, in hindsight, laughable?  I cannot count them!  I cannot count the times I have prayed for a map or a blueprint so I could just follow that.  I am learning, very slowly, to wait on the Lord.  I am learning, slipping and sliding, to hear and follow the guidance of the Spirit.  I trust that the power from on high will keep me from harm and will guide my steps, my actions and my words to bring glory to the Kingdom of God. 

Lord,
You know waiting is hard for me.  I know you call me to wait.  Please send word to me soon and open my eyes and my heart to see the works you do in me every day.  I know you have plans for each of us, help us hear and follow those plans you have made.  I seek to serve you Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment