Monday, December 3, 2012


Psalm 25:9 “He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way.”

Did you ever wonder why God chose Mary and Joseph to be the earthly parents of the Christ child?  These two people were simple, quiet folks just doing the best they could to get by.  They were humble.  As I started my morning, rolling out of bed with my mind already trying to organize my time and my day, I had moved past my quiet time before I had even started.  My day has so many “important” tasks to be accomplished!  I have a doctor appointment, school and a field trip along with the normal daily cleaning and cooking.  When I stop and sit still, I realize that when I am wrapped up in my busy schedule, I am not feeling very humble.  I come to sit in the presence of the Lord, humbly asking for Him to lead me and teach me despite my schedule.  My schedule will wait.  This intentional time in the morning needs to be my first priority.  We are not kings or noblemen.  We are not celebrities or big politicians.  Most of us are just simple, everyday people; quiet folks just doing the best we can to get by.  Let’s be humble and open our hearts and minds to the voice of God.  He speaks to those who will listen, like Mary and Joseph.  Let Him speak to you, He will lead you in what is right, he will teach you His way.

Lord,
I am lowly and I thank you.  It is in the acceptance of my lowliness that I realize I need you.  Keep my heart humble and keep my ears open to hear your guidance.  Remind me of the beginning days when the Christ child began his life on earth in a stable...humble beginnings for the King of salvation.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment