Thursday, December 6, 2012


2 Corinthians 3:15-16 “Indeed, to this very day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their minds; but when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.”

I have a bit of a problem when it comes to hearing on the phone.  I actually went and had my hearing tested because I thought there might be something physically wrong with me but my hearing was just fine.  I think it is my listening that lacks.  Being the visual person that I am, I rely on facial expression and physical presence as a big part of communication. Back in the story of Moses, he used to hide his face with a veil so the people would not be frightened by the glory shining in him from talking with God.  This passage in Corinthians says the people’s minds were hardened; a veil hid the meaning of the scripture from them.  I cannot tell you how many years I would open my bible, skim over a passage thinking I was really reading it and then go off to live my life.  The true meaning was not coming through to me. There was a veil over my mind.  Just as I must block out all other distractions when I am on the phone, so must I be intentional to truly hear the word of the Lord.  When I turn to the Lord the veil is removed.  “Let those with ears hear” resonates clearly in me today.

Lord,
Open my ears and quiet the constant noise in the background that distracts me from hearing the truth you guide me to.  Your Spirit is my guide but unless I listen, I cannot follow.  Help me hear what you are saying clearly so that I do not feel lost or confused.  Remove the veil, the block from understanding so I can go forth a changed and blessed person.  Help me share these blessings with those I see and talk to each day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment