Monday, December 17, 2012


Isaiah 61:10 “I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my whole being shall exult in my God; for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness...”

Another day begins but what has changed?  I look around and within and I see broken hearts and weeping souls.  I see sickness and desolation everywhere.  This verse was not easy to begin with this morning.  It is not easy to greatly rejoice when my vision is filled with all this.  As I muddled through all that to try and bring my soul into rejoicing I realized I needed to release those visions to Him before my soul could truly sing.  When we get ready for a new day, we often cleanse our bodies, wash our hair and dress in clean clothes.  We wash away the dirt of yesterday and begin each day clean and fresh.  As I visualize that process I turn that picture to my soul.  God sent Jesus to be our salvation.  He came to this earth that we could receive cleansing and renewing for our souls.  When we receive his amazing gift of love, he clothes us in the garment of salvation.  There is not a spot of dirt on this garment.  It gleams with his love and purity.  We have been washed by his blood and cleansed by his redemption.  Nothing else in this world can touch that blessing.  I see this gift wrapped around my soul and I cannot help but praise and rejoice in God.  He reigns forever and ever.

Father,
Your light shines and never ends.  You sent Jesus to guide us and teach us and redeem us.  It is because of him and the gift he brought, that we are clothed in salvation.  As we step a little closer to the babe in Bethlehem, let our hearts sing in praise and rejoicing at the gifts of hope, peace, joy and love that you sent to us through Him.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment