Saturday, August 11, 2012


Titus 3:1-2 “Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show every courtesy to everyone.”

What would our world be like if everyone lived like these verses call us to?  Can you imagine everyone working in obedience?  Can you see everyone blessing each other with kind and gentle words, accepting each other as children of God?  When I first read this passage I thought of rulers and authorities as my political leaders.  There are rules that I may not agree with but I am called to live in obedience.  Then a deeper meaning seeps in as I ask myself who my ultimate authority is? God is my true ruler and authority and so I am subject to him.  He calls us to love him first and with all that we are.  When we love like that the rest becomes much easier.  I know when I am filled with love for God I am unable to be quarrelsome or to speak evil words.  I am filled with gentleness and kindness and I am willing and able to serve doing good works because of the love and joy in my heart.  When I release that feeling of ultimate love and move into my humanness then I am more likely to speak evil and quarrel because my selfish desires are my focus, not my God and my king.  I end with this thought…
 “Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me…”

Lord,
It is only when I am walking in your law, loving you with all that I am, that I can succeed at this calling to love others as you do.  When I am in unity with you, I am able to be kind, love others and work to your glory in joy.  Fill me with love for you and your love for others.  Make your love manifest in me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment