Thursday, August 30, 2012


Acts 3:6 “But Peter said, ‘I have no silver or gold, but what I have I give you; in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, stand up and walk.’”

I have been reading a book about living the life of the beloved.  The chapter I just finished talks about giving.  It isn’t giving what we have but who we are.  God gives us gifts and we are called to share those gifts with others.  In church we hear about giving time, talents and treasure but there is a deeper, more personal level of giving that we can participate in.  There are days that I think this devotion is useless.  I am deceiving myself to think my ponderings and musings could touch someone’s life.  I thank the Lord for the times I get a little email back from someone encouraging me with words of thanks or a little story they share with me.  These are gifts to me from others and I write this devotion as a gift to this world, to whoever may see it and be touched by it.  What else can I give?  I, like Peter, have no silver or gold, but I will give what I have.  I may never heal a person from lame to walking but God may use my gifts to bring healing of another kind.  I trust the Lord to use my gifts to bring wholeness to others, and in turn, it brings blessings and wholeness back to me.  Ask the Lord to search your heart.  What gifts has he given you that you are sharing or need to share?  Gifts of love and friendship, kindness and compassion, hope and peace... there are many more.  Share your gifts, a piece of who you are, and everyone will be blessed by it.

Lord,
What I have, I give.  Allow the gifts I share to be a blessing to others, never distracting from you but bringing you closer to each person I touch.  Thank you for making me who I am.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment