Tuesday, August 7, 2012


Romans 5:6, 8 “For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.  But God proves his love for us in that while we still were sinners, Christ died for us.”

Wow.  There are times that I am just speechless when I think about the grace and the sacrifice God gave so that we may have life in him.  While we lived in complete darkness, oblivious to him, he loved us.  He tried in so many ways to get our attention so that we would be in relationship with him.  Even when we would not turn to him, when we continued to live in sin, he loved us.  He sent Christ to die and live for us, not so that he would love us more but so we could love him in wholeness.  Once we accept the love and grace of Jesus Christ and believe in him, we are able to come to the foot of the throne.  We are clean and whole so that we can present ourselves in confidence and humility to the Almighty.  It is because of the love of God that we are able to have a relationship with him, one on one.  The Almighty God of the universe, the Creator of all wants a relationship with me and with you.  I continue to find that astounding every time I think about it.  Who am I that God would have any desire to be with me?  I am his child.  The perfect parent that he is, he loves me and wants to be with me.  He desires the best things for me and would give his very life for me.  Even in my disobedience, he loves me.  When I repent, he rejoices and celebrates with me.  His grace is everlasting.  Wow!

Lord,
I can only begin to fathom your love for me and all of your children.  Help me love my brothers and sisters in Christ as deeply as I love the ones of my heart.  I pray that the grace you pour on me will flow from me to others bringing blessings to everyone.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment