Thursday, August 9, 2012


Psalm 118:13-14 “I was pushed hard, so that I was falling, but the Lord helped me.  The Lord is my strength and my might; he has become my salvation.”

Have you ever watched a squirrel run along the top of a fence?  The balance they display amazes me.  I know they have their sharp claws to help cling to the fence but I am still amazed at their agility.  I often picture myself walking this life journey on the precipice of darkness so much of the time.  The danger of falling seems so real to me and yet I know that the Lord walks with me.  When I am pushed and begin to fall the Lord is there to help me every time.  He catches me and saves me.  Verse 5 in this passage says the Lord set me in a broad place.  I see the Lord catching me as I fall from the precarious balance on the top of the fence and placing me gently down onto solid ground.  As I look with a new perspective I see that I have always been on solid ground, walking with the Lord.  It was only my imagination that I was in such danger of falling into an abyss of darkness.  The Lord is my strength and my might.  His love is steadfast and as I walk with him, he will not forsake me.  I give thanks to the Lord for he is good, indeed.  I praise him because his steadfast love endures forever!

Lord,
How often do I come to you with much ado about nothing?  Thank you for calming my fears, real or imagined.  Thank you for being my strength when I am weak and thank you for the knowledge that you are always there.  You are my spotter waiting and watching lest I fall.  I praise you today and I go into this day blessed by your love and salvation.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment