Sunday, August 12, 2012


Isaiah 58:9 “Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry for help, and he will say, Here I am.”

I had such a hard time choosing the verse to write about this morning.  This whole passage speaks to me today as I wrestle with the astounding brokenness in this world.  It is very easy to see when I look around me, there are people calling other people horrible names.  People dehumanizing others because of what they believe in.  My heart aches at the lack of love we humans, Christians included, show other humans.  Please don’t get me wrong here.  I am not above this either.  As I sit and wonder how others could do this I am only one step away from judging those very people.  We are all imperfect and thus come the selfish desires that take over and lead us all astray.  We cannot live in peace without God.   Join me this morning in a time of turning back.  Let’s ask the Lord to search our hearts once again for sin, short fallings, and ignorance; let’s ask him to search for anything that leads us away from his love and light.  This verse encourages us that if we call on him in true desire, he will answer.   If we cry for help in earnestness, He will be there.  I come to the Lord this morning, my heart crying for all humanity, myself included.  I ask for healing for our nations, our people, our communities, our neighborhoods, our homes and our hearts.

Lord,
My soul sings praises while my heart is breaking.  I have seen so much division and exclusion.  I see judgment and unforgiving hearts.  I see all of this in me as well as in others.  Lord, please come.  Bring your healing and your guidance to us.  Change us into beings of light and love.  Make us whole so that we can go forth glorifying your holy name forever more.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment