Friday, August 24, 2012


John 3:12 “If I have told you about earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you about heavenly things?”

In this passage Jesus is speaking with Nicodemus, a Pharisee that has come to learn from him in the cover of night.  Jesus speaks truth to him but he does not understand Jesus’ teaching.  He asks questions to try to understand and seems to be truly seeking to believe.  How often do I come to Jesus in the same manner as Nicodemus?  I seek to understand, I want to believe but I struggle to wrap my mind around what truth I hear.  It is only when I let go of my thoughts and perceptions that I can begin to really hear and understand.  He teaches us with what we know but we cannot listen with our ears and understand.  Jesus is speaking to our hearts; our souls.  If we quiet the voice of our mind and seek to understand with our hearts, I believe we will begin to understand the word and believe His truth.  Nicodemus could not understand how a grown person could be born again.  When we see this teaching and hear it with our hearts we understand that Jesus is talking about spirit, not flesh.  Our spirits can be born again, transformed and continually transforming into new creations with God.  Search the words of our Lord.  Seek with your heart and mind and pray for wisdom to guide your lessons.  Through these teachings we strengthen our belief and live in communion with the Divine.

Lord,
You teach us with so many stories and lessons, still we do not understand.  Open our minds and our hearts to hear your words with new ears.  Grant us true understanding so we may continue in our transformations to be new creatures in you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment