Saturday, August 4, 2012


Hebrews 3: 13 “But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called ‘today,’ so that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.”

When I began studying the word of God on a daily basis my life was transformed.  I have always gone to church, even as a child.  I have listened to sermons, sang hymns and had fellowship with believers for years.  I changed when I made the conscious effort to take time every day to sit in the presence of our Lord and study his word.  It is because of this transformation that I write my daily devotions to share with others.  I cannot contain the blessing of being in his word every day; I will share with all who will receive it.  This is my small way to “exhort one another every day”.  I know how easy it is to leave the bible on the shelf, collecting dust.  I know how busy life gets and even with good intentions, days and weeks can go by without taking time to be with God.  I used to be that way.  I cannot tell you how long my bible sat on the shelf without so much as a glance.  I do not know how many years I would start my day and the next thing I knew I was falling in to bed exhausted with never a thought or prayer to God entering my heart.  I know I am no better than anyone else regardless of how their days play out.  I also know that I have been blessed by the word of God, and through his grace, I strive to share this blessing with others so that we can all be free of sin’s deceit.  Will you take this blessing and encourage others as well?

Lord,
It seems it only takes a moment for sin to creep in and begin turning my heart to stone.  Help me listen for your voice in every moment, so that my heart stays in your presence and so that I can be a source of encouragement for others.  Keep my heart soft and clean for your glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment