Friday, August 10, 2012


John 6:34-35 “They said to him, ‘Sir, give us this bread always.’  Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life.  Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.’”

Some days I just can’t figure out what to eat.  Nothing in my pantry or refrigerator sounds appealing.  I end up eating because I know I should but I am not satisfied and I spend the day wandering into my kitchen looking for something to satisfy whatever my craving is.  My spiritual nourishment is like this too.  There are times I cannot find satisfaction in my meager prayers.  I start off well as I spend time every morning in the word of God.  It is easy for those words to slip away from me and I find myself restless.  I pray because I know I should but it is not satisfying and I find myself wandering around looking for something to satisfy my soul.  Jesus is the bread of life.  When I take the time to truly be in his presence, focus and digest the words he gives me, and pray in truth and honesty then I am filled.  As I spend more time studying the Word, learning to pray and meditate on Him, I find my soul is more and more satisfied.  The restless heart, the soul hunger is not so ravenous.  I crave knowing him more but I come knowing I will receive nourishment for my soul.  I know I walk this path of life with the living water and the bread of life.  I walk with Jesus, my Lord and Savior.

Lord,
You fill me and complete me.  On the days that I struggle and do not feel satisfied remind me that, in you, I have everything I need.  It is when I lose focus on your truth that I start searching for something missing, something to complete me.  When I walk with you, hand in hand, I need nothing else.  You complete me.  Thank you for your Word.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment