Monday, August 13, 2012


Psalm 28:7 “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts; so I am helped, and my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.”

The voices of self-doubt and worthlessness have been pretty loud lately.  I am an easy target for these destructive shots because my worth is something I have struggled with for most of my life.  I beat myself up with the greatest of ease and of course there are others that will jump on that opportunity to feed the destruction.  As I looked back on the last few days of devotions, I could see clearly the struggle I have been experiencing.  This morning as I sat in devotion, I was praying for forgiveness and cleansing; praying for release of torment and I saw clearly again that I am my own worst enemy.  I allow the voices in and it only takes my still small voice to cry out to the Lord and he will help.  I am filled with hope and joy this morning as I write because in the midst of the voices of worthlessness and self-doubt, there is a song of love and hope in my heart.  I know despite these dark threads, there is strength in my faith.  I am helped and will be helped because beyond anything else, I trust in the Lord.  He is my strength and my shield.  I have been through these times of fire before and I know I come through them refined and stronger because of them.  I hold fast to my God and my faith and sing songs of praise to him for my salvation in him.

Lord,
Thank you for sun in the midst of rain.  Thank you for rainbows to bring beauty beyond words when things can look so bleak.  Help me hear your voice of love and peace so that I can sing praises to drown out the voices of darkness.  Thank you for your strength and protection.  I trust in you and you alone.  You put songs of joy in my heart and so I sing.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment