Thursday, August 2, 2012


1 Peter 1:13 “Therefore prepare your minds for action; discipline yourselves; set all your hope on the grace that Jesus Christ will bring you when he is revealed.”

I am always amazed at the amount of discipline some people have.  Certain vocations take tremendous amounts of discipline.  As I think about the athletes that compete in the world championships or the Olympics I cannot imagine the amount of discipline they have to achieve the level of excellence they do.  They focus their mind on what they want to accomplish and then set their daily routine to meet those goals.  It is like this with our lives in Christ too.  If we set our minds on the goal of living in the love and grace of our Lord forever, then we need to have discipline in our daily routine to help us achieve that goal.  As Christians we can set our hope on the grace of God, through Jesus.  Each day is a new day in Christ and until the day he comes again I will strive to prepare my mind and discipline my heart, keeping the ultimate goal of unity with Christ in my sights.  I put my hope in the Lord and with his help I can prepare my mind for action and discipline myself.

Lord,
Thank you for your grace that is never ending and always waiting to be poured out on me.  Help me prepare my mind with your words and knowledge; guide me in discipline to stay the course.  Forgive me when I falter and renew my hope in you each day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment