Wednesday, August 8, 2012


Micah 7:8 “Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me.”

The last couple of days have been interesting.  I just started writing a blog, posting Word for Today out on the internet.  Then I noticed I could post it on Google + with just a click of a button so with trepidation I post my blog to the Google + public as well.  I knew when I chose to wage battle against darkness, sharing the light and love of Christ with whoever will read it; I was setting myself up for attack.  Yesterday I had so much restlessness in my heart.  There were selfish, thoughtless feelings roaming freely causing all sorts of mayhem in my day.  It wasn’t until late in the afternoon, in the midst of my wandering darkening thoughts, that I realized this was an attack.  Darkness crept in so easily and began derailing me piece by piece.  God is gracious and He is Almighty.  Once he showed me what was happening, I began to pray, I called on his protection and all the darkness vanished.  I have never experienced such rapid and complete release before.  This verse sums up my experience and my hope.  I know when I fall I will rise and God’s light will shine for me dispersing any darkness that is enveloping me.

Lord,
Thank you for your protection and redemption.  I know I can call on your name and you will come, you are there before I even utter a sound.  I rejoice in your strength.  When darkness rejoices in my fall, you snatch victory away bringing me into your light and love once more.  You lift me up and give me strength to persevere.  I praise you and thank you for all you have given and continue to give to me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment