Tuesday, June 24, 2014


God is good.
There are so many things in this world that can distract us or lead us away from abiding in God and this morning I was reminded how those distractions usually end up.  In the past when I have discounted the power of God, or chosen not to let him lead my steps, I have invariably suffered pain, loss, and humiliation.  Looking for love and fulfillment in man has been a dismal failure.  Human love will never fill my heart or make me complete in the way I need to be.  It has taken me way too long to discover this and the sad part is that I still search for fulfillment in man.  It is human nature to seek fulfillment.
I believe God put that desire in our hearts so that we would search for him and find that we are complete in him.  How many times will I fail to remember that only he can give me my heart’s desire?
“The Lord is near.”  He is with us waiting to be called on to fill our heart’s desire and to bring wholeness back to us.  It is in his fulfillment that I am able to go forth, showing gentleness to
others.  He is so gentle with me; I cannot help but rejoice in him.

Lord,

I praise your name and rejoice in your love!  You are near; your love and peace are here to restore and sustain me.  Fill me up Lord.  I want to share the gift of gentleness in this world today.  I do everything in glory to you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment