Monday, June 2, 2014



In the middle of the night last night I was thinking about captivity.  Moses and the Israelites came to mind along with the words of Moses to Pharaoh when he told Pharaoh to let his people go.
During my quiet time I was led to this passage in Ephesians after reading a portion of the Exodus.  Paul quotes Psalms 68 in this passage; captivity is a battle throughout time.  From the beginning and even into today people have been held captive.  In recent news there are kidnapped girls that the public is crying out to bring home.  It does not take much to find oppression and enslavement in the world today; just as it did not in biblical times.
We claim our freedom strongly in this country but I pause this morning and search my heart.  I may not be bodily enslaved or captive but what about my soul?  How do I ensure freedom for my spirit?
I claim freedom through Christ!  Just as God freed the Israelites in the Exodus, he frees us today through the redeeming blood of Christ.  Hallelujah!

Lord,

Open our eyes to see what oppresses or enslaves us, what keeps us from truly worshiping and celebrating with you.  Raise our hearts and our voices to shout in your name and claim the freedom you graciously offer to all.  Help us shake off the chains and sing in glory to you today!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment