Tuesday, June 10, 2014


There are times I read Paul’s letters and I struggle with his words or what he is saying – this passage is not one of those.  It is a beautiful prayer; I only wish I had room on this page to list the remaining verses.  I encourage you to look this passage up and read through verse 20.
What is it that causes you to bow your knees before the Father?  When do you choose to come to him in prayer?  My church is holding special prayer services over the next couple of weeks to seek direction from God in the next steps we need to take.  This is a beautiful and unusual step in my little Presbyterian church and I am so glad someone stepped up and make a plan from the nudging of the Spirit because I received that nudge and didn't do a thing about it.
I soak in the words of Paul today.  “Be strengthened in your inner being with power through his Spirit...grounded in love... power to comprehend...breadth and length and height and depth...filled with the fullness of God.”  Amen!

Lord,
Forgive my stubborn streak.  I thank you for the ears and hearts that listened and did what you asked.  Move the hearts of many to come to you in prayer, I know the power of prayer is much more than I can imagine.  Thank you for Paul’s prayer and the balm I received from it today.  All glory, honor and praise to you, Christ Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment