Friday, June 6, 2014


Why here and why now?
I have asked myself these questions occasionally over the years and maybe only have glimpses of the answer.
Why was I born into the family I was, in this spot of the world and in this time of eternity?  Am I a random drop in the sea of time and space or is there a plan at hand?
When I look at all of creation it seems very clear to me there is no randomness in it.  Everything that exists has been created and placed by careful design.  So I must believe that we, too, are created and placed by God in just the way he designed us to be.
It is amazing to talk with other people about their journeys and see how God used experiences in their lives to bring them to where they are right now.  It confirms, even more, that we are all called to our lives for just such a time as this. 

Lord,

We like to give ample time for someone else to step forth and take on the challenges we do not want.  Thank you for the story of Esther and Mordecai to remind us that your purpose will prevail but we are called to step forth and do our part to serve in your plans.  Give us the courage and strength we need to serve you today and all days.  All glory, honor, and praise to you my God, my King.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment