Friday, June 13, 2014


I am also known as distracto-girl.
I get so wrapped up in the things I need to get done and my agenda for the day that I easily become worried and distracted like Martha.  I know this for many reasons.  One tell-tale sign is that both of my children knew the word agenda and what it meant by the time they were two.  People thought it was cute to hear my toddlers saying “what is on your agenda” and I liked that they used the word properly but maybe they should not have known it quite so well...
Yesterday was busy enough without my help.  I knew we were going to run an errand that would take a few hours but I had to cram a few more errands into the morning first.  We were running late for the remainder of the day.  Why do I do this?  I am like Martha.
Today I clear the agenda.  I will do my best, with God’s help, to sit still and listen.  I want to hear the bird song, feel the breeze on my face and enjoy the moments of the day.  I want to sit at the Lord’s feet and listen.

Lord,

Help me let go.  Take my hands and hold them in yours until they stay still.  Take my heart and quiet it, take my mind and calm it.  Help me do only what you ask and nothing more today.  Help me sit and listen.  I ask this in your holy name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment