Saturday, June 14, 2014


My son told me his friend said God cannot live in our hearts or we would be fat.  Then he asked me if that was true.
When I try to explain God to people who are concrete thinkers it can be a challenge.  We are so accustomed to using our five senses that it seems strange to think about any other sense.
I use the wind as an example of something we cannot see but we know exists.  We hear it, we feel it, we see what it does but we cannot see the wind.  God is like that.  We hear him, we feel him, he moves in and through us so his existence is evident but we cannot see him. 
The next time I see this young boy who thinks God does not exist (I have heard this from both of my kids) I think I will talk with him about the wind.  Maybe it will not change his mind, but it will give him something to consider.  In the meantime, I pray for all those who do not see, do not hear and do not know.
“...there came a sound like the rush of a violent wind, and it filled the entire house...”

Lord,

I have known you so long it is hard for me to imagine that you are not real.  I witness the miracles you work in the world and in people’s hearts even today.  Help me live as an example, drawing people in, so they too may hear, feel and know you as I do.  You are I am.  Hallelujah!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment