Sunday, June 8, 2014


The Israelites had seen some pretty great and awesome things with their own eyes, for sure.
When God came to rescue them they saw plagues and pestilence put on the Egyptians.  In the desert they saw a pillar of smoke and a blaze of fire to guide them.  They were given manna from heaven and water from a rock.  They saw the glory of the Lord shining in Moses.
What have I seen?  What great and awesome things has God done for me?
He has given me a family and friends of faith that strengthen me and help me stay on true on the journey of my faith – he is my pillar and my fire that guide me.  He has sent protection and destruction to the things that kept me in chains – he is my deliverer.  He has provided nourishment for my body and soul, even in the midst of spiritual desert.  He is my provider.
He is my praise and he is my God for he has done great and awesome things – do you see what he has done for you?

Lord,

Thank you for all you have done and all you have given me, your wayward child.  Just as the Israelites, I wander, complain, moan and fall apart.  You pick me up, dry my tears, and love me back into your presence.  Thank you for deliverance, redemption and grace.  Through these I am able to come and praise you, my praise and my God.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment