Sunday, September 30, 2012


Philippians 2:14-15 "Do all things without murmuring and arguing, so that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, in which you shine like stars in the world."
  
The night sky without stars and the moon would be nothing but darkness.  It is so glorious and breathtaking because of the stars.  Each one shines individually yet, they are a part of a much bigger scene. In my mind I can picture the world from space when the sun is on the other side. Do you remember pictures you have seen like this?  The city lights can be seen from space!  There is so much darkness but so many lights sparkle to bring a sense of life and warmth.  When I murmur and argue I can feel the darkness in me.  Those selfish arguments do not bring light to me.  It is when I walk with Him and abide in Him that I feel filled with light, blameless and innocent and without blemish.  When I come to Him, cleansed by the redemption of Jesus, I can do what He asks: in the midst of this crooked and perverse generation - shine like a star in His glory.

Lord,
You know my deepest desires and you know my human weaknesses.  I come to you so I may be cleansed, forgiven and made whole, without blemish in your sight.  I want to be a light in this present darkness.  Help me shine your light and bring glory to your name in all I do.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment