Saturday, September 8, 2012


Romans 8:14-15 “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.  For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received a spirit of adoption.”

This is one of those mornings I needed to sit in my Father’s lap and pout.  I get up dark and early to have my quiet time and the last several days I have not received the blessing of an uninterrupted hour.  I started today feeling frustrated that my kids aren’t getting the sleep they need and this morning the only one still asleep in my house at 5:15 was my husband!  Grumble, grumble.  As I finally sat in “quietness” and gave up trying to listen and hear the Lord, I received the renewal I needed so badly.  Fear had crept in and began leading me into a moment of slavery again.  As I released all this frustration and realized that any moments I get in the presence of the Lord are a blessing, I felt better.  I pictured the times when my kids are just cranky and needing to sit in my lap for a few minutes; receiving the calm love of a parent.  This is what I needed and received this morning.  I was given the blessing of time after all and I sat in the loving arms of my Father.  I was blessed to just sit in His presence and receive renewing love so I could release the crankiness and remember the spirit of adoption.  My Father loves me as I love my kids.  His Spirit leads me, I am his child.

Lord,
Let your Spirit of Love lead me today.  When my kids are tired and a bit cranky, help me be the loving arms they can come to and receive renewal and peace.  Let me feel your loving arms around me giving me the renewal and peace I need.  Thank you for adopting me; I am blessed to be called a child of God.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment