Thursday, September 20, 2012

James 1:5 “If any of you is lacking in wisdom, ask God, who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and it will be given you.”

I quickly realized this morning that I have fallen into a selfish space again.  Even in my prayers it was “I want, I need” statements.  One of the things I asked for before opening my bible was wisdom.  As I was led to James I questioned it because the women’s bible study I am participating in starting this morning is studying James.  I shrugged my shoulders and thought to myself, “Okay, at least I will start there”.  When I turned to this verse, I was brought to my knees once more.  How many times will I need to be reminded that God is God and I am his servant?  I willingly come to Him, offering myself to serve for his kingdom and then turn around and start asking for my desires and wishes to be granted.  When I remember and truly realize who is in charge, I am humbled and grateful.  James gives my heart hope.  I seek wisdom in the Lord and I am encouraged that when I seek through the Lord, it will be given generously.  I know this:  God is gracious and generous.  He has done nothing but given and blessed, guided and secured me.  He loves each and every one of us so when we ask him for gifts that bring us closer to him, He will not deny them.  I suspect he smiles in that moment and pours the blessings down.

Lord,
Your word is my guide.  Your will is my deepest desire.  Help me set aside my selfish desires and seek to serve you fully and humbly.  Grant me your wisdom so that I am able to serve as you call me to.  I know you are my God and my King.  I bow to you in humble adoration and begin again.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment