Thursday, September 6, 2012


Jeremiah 29:12-13 “Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you.  When you search for me you will find me: if you seek me with all you heart”

These verses are part of a letter Jeremiah wrote to the exiled Israelites.  As I sat pondering this passage and these verses, I was interrupted by my little boy.  As I prayed to God asking why I am getting this interruption again today and asking “how I am supposed to hear and listen; seek with all my heart with these interruptions” I received this answer.  There are interruptions and distractions every day, all through life.  As the Israelites were told to make the best of where they were in exile, God asks us to make the best of things where we are as well.  In spite of the daily interruptions and distractions, we are still supposed to call upon the Lord, come and pray to him.  We are still supposed to search for Him and trust that we will find Him and hear Him.  As we drive to work, make lunches for kids and do our daily tasks, we are called to seek with all of our hearts.  As my little boy snuggled on my lap, as he asked me what we could play, I strove to pray to the Lord and seek with all my heart.  What I found was the confirmation that the Lord hears over my chaos and He will speak to my heart in spite of all the chaos.  I need to be listening to hear Him.  I need to open my eyes to see Him in the midst of my daily tasks.

Lord,
As your word guides, I trust that you hear me when I call on your name.  Help me keep you in front of me, beside me and behind me throughout the business of my day.  As I seek to serve in my surroundings, keep my whole heart seeking for you.  I ask all these things through Jesus, my Lord and Savior.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment